It's apparently raining Soy Vay! here at mor.sl, and I am loving the weather. I'm seriously impressed with this saucy line. Tried two new ones tonight - both dishes got rave reviews from my picky palate hosts (the sis and bro-in-law), and I honestly can't wait to share the goodness with another lucky mor.sl reader. So...we're doing another giveaway! Read on to find out how to enter.
First, let me share this stellar quinoa salad with you. I wasn't sure I was going to like it because, in all honestly, except for this one quinoa sweet potato and kale salad I made once, I'm not a huge quinoa fan (I know, I buck the trend...but come on, it took me a year to figure out how to pronounce it correctly; can't expect me to fall in love overnight). But the sis and bro-in-law are super into healthful foods, so I thought I'd give it a go. So glad I did.
Quinoa on its own, in my opinion, is rather bland. So you have to have a good plan for flavoring it up. You can go the herbs route, the vinegars/oils route, or you can go the Soy Vay! way. And that, my friends, is the way I recommend going. The recipe I used came courtesy Soy Vay! and is great for a weeknight meal. You could honestly eat this on its own for a very light #meatless Monday meal, or you could have it as a side to compliment any entree. I served it with a tofu broccoli and shiitake teriyaki stir-fry (also made with Soy Vay!), and it was great. The best part is that its quick to fix and packed with protein and healthiness (yes, that's a technical term). It's also great for potlucks, since it can be served cold.
Now, back to the giveaway. Thank you to everyone that entered last week's giveaway and who provided awesome feedback on mor.sl! We're giving away another full set of Soy Vay! Sauces and Marinades and a $45 Amex gift card, provided courtesy of Soy Vay! As I've mentioned earlier, the Asian sauce line is pretty amazing - all natural, and Kosher, to boot. And the flavors are fantastic -- I especially enjoyed the Toasted Sesame Dressing: it's very flavorful yet doesn't punch you in the face. It's subtly delicious, in that non-obvious, play it cool way.
This week's giveaway is easy (and yes, I'm shamelessly using your desire for free stuff to my advantage... wahahaha!). To enter, you must do one or more of the following, and leave a comment saying you did so.
- For 1 entry: Tell me what you'd make with Soy Vay's Toasted Sesame Dressing should you win
- For 2 entries: Do the above and follow mor.sl on Twitter. Tweet, tweet.
- For 3 entries: Do all of the above and like mor.sl on Facebook. Here's the link.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped toasted almonds
- ½ cup Soy Vay Toasted Sesame Dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, mixing in the zucchini during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking. Remove from pot into a bowl, and cool.
- Stir in the red onion and toasted almonds, then toss with the toasted sesame dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to use.