Yep, we have a snail recipe. Fancy!
Wondering what Pernod is? It's a brand of liquor that is similar to Ouzo and from the absinthe family. Be sure to get a good quality white wine for this recipe, too. Crappy wines won't do when cooking!
- 454 gram(s)butter,
- 3 tbspchives,
- 3 tbspparsley,
- 5-7 clove(s)garlic,
- 4 tbspbreadcrumbs
- 2 tbspwhite wine
- 2 tbspPernod
- 48mushroom caps
- fresh ground pepper,
- Take your mushrooms, wash then remove the stems. Small ones that fit just so in the escargot dish are the size we are looking for.
- Take your wine and pernod and combine with the bread crumbs, about a tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, blend well and then refrigerate.
- Crack open the can of snail and place on in each mushroom cap.
- Top with a generous amount of the garlic butter mixture.
- Place under a broiler and cook “au gratin” until they are golden brown and heated through.